I have spent far too much time in the souks of Morocco. I first went when I was 18 and bought over twenty coin belts a la Sienna Miller in her boho hay day. Since then I have returned regularly for both work and play. The souks are an exciting maze of rich and colourful wares but it can also be a rather overwhelming experience. You are often tired and hot and if you are not used to it, the haggling process can be both excrutiating and awkward. I often see tourists paying way too much for poor quality pieces. There is a real art to getting a fair deal without offending the artisan.
I will do another post soon on the art of the haggle but in the meantime, I have found some of the best souk finds for you to shop without having to go near one.
1. Kilim Boots | Kiboots
2. Palm Tree Glass Set | Indagare Travel
3. MM Weekender | Marrakech Musthaves
4. Embroidered top | Talitha
5. Berber Coin Necklace | Muzungu Sisters
6. Kilim cushion | Silvia Gattin
7. Mixed Moroccan spices | Spice Mountain